Raw Banana (Vazhaikkai) : 1
Yam (Senaikizhangu) : 1 bowl
Red Chillies : 10
Pepper corns : 1 tbsp
Fresh Coconut : 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp, grated
Coconut oil : 2 tbsp
Curry leaves : a few
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook raw banana and yam for 2 whistles in separate containers.
- Meanwhile, grind peppercorns and red chillies to a fine paste with a little water. Keep aside.
- Grind 2 tbsp coconut with a little water and keep aside.
- Once raw banana and yam are cooked, put both in a vessel (if there is too much water, take out some and keep aside. You can add later if necessary), add turmeric powder, salt and chilli paste and bring to a boil.
- Now add the ground coconut and boil well.
- In a separate pan, add coconut oil and mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add curry leaves and 1/3 cup coconut and saute well.
- Add roasted coconut to the boiling mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or as an accompaniment. The consistency should be like thick dosa batter.