Moong Dal (payatham paruppu) : 1 cup
Coconut Milk : 2 cups
Jaggery : 2 cups
Cashew : 2 tbsp
Ghee : 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder : 1 tsp
- Dry roast saute moong dal very well in a kadai till slightly brown. Pressure cook in medium for 3 whistles.
- Mash the dal and add jaggery and allow to boil till the raw smell goes.
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- In a small pan heat the ghee and roast cashew till golden brown. (If you like you can also roast thinly sliced coconut bits along with cashew). Add to the payasam.
- Add cardamom powder and give it a good mix. Serve hot.