Coriander leaves (Cilantro) : 1 bunch
Urad dal : 1 tbsp
Red chillies : 5-6
Tamarind : 1 gooseberry size
Oil : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash coriander leaves and chop fine. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add urad dal, red chillies and tamarind and saute well till dal is golden brown.
- Turn off heat and add chopped coriander leaves and toss a couple of times. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, add salt and grind to a thick paste by adding as little water as possible. If you prefer a little loose consistency, add water accordingly.
- Serve with dosa. Goes well with curd rice too.