Carrot : 1/2
Beans : 4
Peas : 1/8 cup
Turnip (Green skin variety) : 1/2
Cauliflower : 4-5 florets
Tomato : 1
Onion : 1 big
Ginger : 1"
Garlic : 2 flakes
Grated Coconut (preferably fresh) : 5 tbsp
Poppy seeds (khus-khus) : 2 tsp
Fennel seeds : 1tsp
Cinnamon : 1/2" piece
Cardamom : 1
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Butter : 1 tbsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
Sour Curd : 2 tbsp
Milk : 1/8 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Saute onion, ginger and garlic in a little oil. Grind to a paste and keep aside.
- Grind coconut and poppy seeds to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Chop carrot, beans, turnip and cauliflower into tiny cubes and pressure cook for 1 whistle along with peas.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add fennel seeds, cardamom and cinnamon. Add onion paste and saute well. Toss in the chopped tomato and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, boiled vegetables, salt and chilli powder and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut paste and bring to a boil.
- Add milk and curd and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapathis.