Yellow Moong Dal : 1/4 cup
Onion : 1
Potato : 2
Capsicum : 1 small
Carrot : 1 big
Aval (Beaten rice/poha) : 1 handful [If aval is not available use oats instead]
Sago (Jevvarisi/Sabudana) : 1 handful
Tomato : 1 small
Lime : 1
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Cashew bits : a few
Coriander leaves : 2 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
- Soak aval, sago and moong dal separately in water for half an hour.
- Take oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add turmeric powder and chopped onions and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato and capsicum and saute well.
- Add chilli powder and cashew and mix well.
- Add grated carrot and mashed potato and saute for a minute.
- Add soaked aval, sago, moong dal and salt and mix well.
- Add juice of 1 lime and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with chapathis or use as a spread on toasted bread.