Cabbage : 2 cups, finely chopped
Coconut : 1/3 cup, grated
Moong dal : 1/3 cup, cooked and mashed
Rice flour : 1 tbsp
Red chillies : 7-8 nos.
Pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves : a few
Coconut oil : 1 tbsp
- In a heavy bottom pan take finely chopped cabbage. Add turmeric powder and 1.5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile grind coconut, rice flour, red chillies and pepper powder to a fine paste using little water.
- Once cabbage is well cooked, add the moong dal and allow it to boil for 5 min.
- Add coconut paste and let it boil again.
- In a separate pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add to the cabbage curry.
- Serve hot with chapathis, rice, or dosa.