Bread : 6 slices
Onion : 1/2, finely chopped
Tomato : 1 ripe, finely chopped
Garlic : 4 flakes, chopped
Green chillies : 5, finely chopped
Curry leaves : 4-5
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cilantro : 2 tbsp
Oil : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, asafoetida, chopped green chillies, garlic and onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato, chilli powder and salt and saute well till tomato is pulpy and cooked. (You can even add vegetables like cauliflower, potato, grated carrot and peas). Add chopped cilantro.
- Chop the bread into small bits and grind to a powder and add to the above mixture.
- Mix well. Add a little more oil if necessary and mix very well. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot. Makes a great snack and a quick breakfast too.