Fresh sweet corn : 1 cup
Boiled Rice (Idli Rice) : 2 cups
Red chillies : 8 - 10 nos.
Onion : 1, chopped fine
Curry leaves : a few, chopped fine
Cashew : a few, broken into tiny bits
Ginger : 1" piece, chopped fine
Salt to taste
Oil as required
- Soak corn, rice and red chillies together in water for about 3 hours and grind to a thick batter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add a few corn pellets and mix well.
- In a 'paniyaram' griddle, heat some oil (if its a non stick griddle then 2-3 drops shd be enough) and pour the batter into the holes. Allow to cook on low heat till golden brown. Then flip it over and let the other side also cook well. If necessary you can add a few more drops of oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.