Ripe Tomatoes : 2 big (finely chopped)
Onion : 1 medium, chopped lengthwise
Fresh Peas : 1/2 cup, boiled
Cinnamon : 1" piece
Chana dal (Kadalai paruppu): 2 tsp
Coriander seeds (Dhania) : 2 tsp
Red Chillies : 4
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Juice of 1 medium lime
Salt to taste
- Cook rice and allow to cool.
- Take 2 tsp oil in a pan and add chana dal, coriander seeds, red chillies and cinnamon and saute till slightly brown. Allow to cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Take oil in a pan and saute onions till slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mashed up and blended well with the onions.
- Add ground powder and salt and mix well. Add peas.
- When oil starts oozing out of the mixture, turn off flame. Add lime juice.
- Mix well with the cooled rice. Garnish with coriander leaves.