Basmati Rice : 2 cups
Mixed veg : 1 cup (peas, potato, carrot, beans, cauliflower)
Bay leaf : 1
Cinnamon : 1" piece
Green chillies : 4-5
Onion : 1 (chopped lengthwise)
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tsp
Mint leaves : 10
Coconut milk : 1 cup (optional)
Salt to taste
- Take some oil in a pressure cooker and drop bay leaf and cinnamon and saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add vegetables and green chillies and saute for a few minutes.
- Add rice and salt and toss for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water. (If not using coconut milk add water)
- Add pudina and mix once. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve with raita.