Raw Banana (Vazhaikkai) : 2 nos
Ginger : 1" piece
Grated Coconut : 1/4 cup
Curry leaves : a few
Green chillies : 4-5 nos, slit lengthwise
Mustard seeds : 1tsp
Urad dal : 2 tsp
Asafoetida : 1/2 tsp
Oil : 2 tbsp
Juice of 1/2 a big lime
Salt to taste
- Cut raw banana into 2 to 3 pieces and boil in water till skin turns black. Then take off skin with hand.
- Grate the raw banana and ginger and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once they splutter add urad dal and saute till golden brown. Then add curry leaves, slit green chillies and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add the grated raw banana and ginger. Add salt. Mix well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Turn off heat and add lime juice. Mix well.