Cranberry - 2 cups
Onions - 1 medium, finely chopped
Garlic - 4 flakes
Red chillies (dry) - 15 (you'll need this to even the sourness of the berries)
Channa dal - 2 tbsp
Urad dal - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 nos.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add channa dal, urad dal, garlic and red chillies and saute till golden brown.
- Add cranberries and saute till mushy.
- Allow to cool and grind to a paste with salt.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and hing and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the sauteed onions and sugar to the paste and mix well.
- Serve with dosas.