Cauliflower : 1 big, cut into florets
Onion : 1 large, cut into cubes
Tomatoes : 3 medium, cut into cubes
Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Coriander seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Oil : 1/4 cup
Yoghurt (plain) : 1/2 cup
Cardamom : 1
Curry leaves : 10
Coriander leaves : 1/2 bunch
Poppy seeds : 3 tsp
Cloves : 3
Ginger-Garlic paste : 3 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream (optional) : 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Powder together cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom and poppy seeds and keep aside.
- Mix onion and tomatoes and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a large dish, add the above paste and powder from step 1, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, yoghurt and cauliflower. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and coriander leaves and immediately add the cauliflower mixture and fry for 5 min on high.
- Reduce the heat to just below medium and add 1 cup water, stir and cover.
- Cook till sauce thickens. Add 2tsp fresh cream (optional).
- Serve hot with rice, chapathi, dosa or puri.