Butternut squash / Yellow Pumpkin : 1 bowl (cut into cubes, skin peeled)
Urad Dal : 1/2 cup
Chana dal : 1/4 cup
Red chillies : 6
Tamarind : 1 small gooseberry size
Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
Oil to saute
Salt to taste
- Take oil in a pan and saute red chillies, chana dal and urad dal till slightly brown.
- Add tamarind and toss for a few seconds.
- Add pumpkin pieces and saute for 5 min till it changes colour and becomes slightly soft.
- Allow to cool and grind to a paste with asafoetida and salt by adding as little water as possible.
- Serve with dosa, idli, adai or as an accompaniment for curd rice.