Garlic : 2 pounds, peeled
Chilli powder : 7 tbsp
Gingelly oil : 1/4 cup
Lime : 1
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Steam garlic flakes on idli plates for 10-15 minutes. You should be able to smash the garlic but at the same time it should not be too mushy. That's the consistency you should look for.
- Smash each garlic flake with your fingers and keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add the smashed garlic and saute well.
- Add salt and chilli powder and give it a good mix.
- Keep stirring once in a while to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Once the garlic starts oozing out oil, turn off the heat.
- Add juice of 1 lime and mix very well.
- Once cool, transfer to a container. This can be stored upto 15 days.
- Serve with dosa, chapathi or hot rice & ghee.