For the dough
Wheat flour : 2 cups
Salt to taste
Water : approx 1.25 cups
Make a smooth dough as you do for chapathi, make small balls and keep aside.
For the khaara paste
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Jeera powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste (make sure you add just enough for the paste as the dough also has salt)
Oil : 4 tsp
Mix all the ingredients to make a loose paste.
- Take one portion of the dough and knead into a small chapathi.
- Spread some paste on the chapathi.
- Fold by bringing the edges to the center and roll out into a chapathi again. You can use flour to dust the dough just like you would for a regular chapathi.
- Use oil or ghee to grease the chapathi on the tawa and cook till slightly brown.
- Serve with butter or raita. Mmmm....yummy!!!!