Mushroom : 1 lb
Onion : 1 big, chopped very fine
Tomato : 1, chopped fine
Curry leaves : 10
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee to shallow fry mushroom
To be ground to a paste (Paste 1)
Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) : 1 tsp soaked in a little milk
Cashew : 5
Roasted Chana Dal (Pottu kadalai) : 1 handful
To be ground to a paste (Paste 2)
Pepper corns : 1 tsp
Green chillies : 2
Cumin seeds (Jeera) : 1 tsp
Fennel seeds (Saunf) : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder : 1 tsp
Coconut : 1/4 cup
Ginger : 1" piece
Garlic : 3 flakes
- Cut mushroom into quarters and shallow fry in oil or ghee. Keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Add chopped onion and saute well till slightly brown.
- Add tomato and paste 1 and saute very well.
- Add the fried mushrooms and allow to boil for 10 min.
- Add paste 2 and salt and allow to boil for 10-15 min on medium flame.
- Serve hot with chapathi, aapam or dosa.